Right now 30% of our drivers doing pick-ups at the Wilson Senior Center are the substitute pool. That means we have little margin for switching when someone needs a substitute. The most critical days are Tuesday and Wednesday. A volunteer driver works a specific day of the week for alternating months. Drivers go to the Wilson Senior Center in Warminster between noon and 12:30, pack the bread and pastry and deliver it to the pantry.
- All of this usually takes no more than an hour.
- It is necessary to carry the boxes to your car.
- We also have an immediate opening on our Tuesday pantry crew which starts at around 10:15 AM as clients arrive at 10:30 AM.
- A volunteer may elect to work the morning shift until 12:30PM or the entire day until 2:30PM.
- NOTE: This task does not entail lifting as volunteers deal directly with our clients as they shop.
If you feel the spirit moving you, please call Alan at 215-675-1298 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to ask questions, on the job training is provided.