Present: Pat Beadling, Ralph Carey, Alan Eickhoff, Dave Kroth, Bruce Roper, Ken Woods
“Thank you” cupcakes from the Reimer family enjoyed by committee members!
- Pat shared a handout regarding a portable security gate; she will follow up to see if the company has a local rep to get additional details
- Alan meeting with Mike Gildein of Peters HVAC 8AM 10/10 to review proposal for air conditioning Pre K office.
- Can unit in large education area be split to cover office?
- If not, where in office area can unit be mounted?
- Eagle Scout project ideas discussed painting parking lot, painting stairwells to the downstairs area; designing and installing perennial plantings.
- Alan to contact family
- Discussion included the potential for sealing parking lot.
- Also discussion included removing a handicapped parking space on York Rd end and replacing with loading zone only.
- Amazon Smile application approved and should be online in time for holiday shopping
- Education area signage – not a good idea to have frames with glass covers; still working to solve
- Subsequent to meeting it is noted that page protectors being posted allowing for ease of change of designated room purpose.
- New nighttime security people not yet scheduled.
- Keys needed to allow them access to building and inside master key.
- Potential new people to be invited to November Property Meeting 11/13 for review of procedures.
- Alarm system batteries failed and Ralph contacted in the middle of night.
- The result was a 2 AM meeting of tech and Ralph at church to replace batteries and avoid hourly repeat phone calls from monitoring company.
- Pastor added as contact person given proximity.
- Mouse entrance at garage sealed by Ken and Alan; more work needed along base of foundation wall and replacement of drainage pipe with pvc pipe along sidewall
- vanity removed and replaced by Ken and Bruce
- dehumidifier downstairs cleaned by Ralph and Dave
- Ken wants to blend narthex ceiling paints and paint balcony stairwells; popcorn ceiling area above chancel needs work
- Closet in 2nd office has flaky on some of the walls; possible damage from previous water leak;
- Ken to pursue with help from Alan and Bruce
- Railing loose at mounts; Ken to investigate
- North door of double set of doors at front entrance does not always lock securely.
- Panic bar must be fully disengaged into “up” position.
- Ralph to contact Mike’s Lock Shop for service.
Peters HVAC turned on boiler 10/10 to be sure no work needed
- Maintenance agreement from Peters unclear as to what equipment is covered.
- Alan to contact Peters
- Previous paid agreement covered air conditioners; recent bill covers boiler and heat