The Food Pantry Needs Help!
Right now 30% of our drivers doing pick-ups at the Wilson Senior Center are the substitute pool. That means we have little margin for switching when someone needs a substitute. The most critical days are Tuesday and Wednesday. A volunteer driver works a specific day of the week for alternating months. Drivers go to the Wilson Senior Center in Warminster between noon and 12:30, pack the bread and pastry and deliver it to the pantry.
- All of this usually takes no more than an hour.
- It is necessary to carry the boxes to your car.
- We also have an immediate opening on our Tuesday pantry crew which starts at around 10:15 AM as clients arrive at 10:30 AM.
- A volunteer may elect to work the morning shift until 12:30PM or the entire day until 2:30PM.
- NOTE: This task does not entail lifting as volunteers deal directly with our clients as they shop.
If you feel the spirit moving you, please call Alan at 215-675-1298 or email@example.com. Feel free to ask questions, on the job training is provided.
We are in the midst of our annual Thanksgiving basket distribution as this is being written. To date 31 of our families have had a complete basket and turkey delivered to them by volunteers from the office of Dr. Marc Shragher, chiropractor. Soon another 50 families will be coming to the pantry to be given a basket and a gift card for their turkey. Our major donors for this project have been Redeemer Lutheran, Jamison; Endo Pharmaceutical; Benton Mechanical Services, and Mr. and Mrs. Henry Vogt, who arranged a grant from Thrivent Financial. Many other individual donations have helped us to make this Thanksgiving season a brighter one for our client families.
Many of our volunteers will tell you of the blessing that being a pantry volunteer provides. The benefits are not limited to those we serve.
We thank you all for thinking of us and praying for us and for your continued support during this holiday season.