The pantry operation is operating under “full steam.”
If you have been following the news you know that demand on pantries across the nation have dramatically increased. The Pantry at St. John’s has seen this kind of increase. In the month of April, there were 368 client visits St. John’s pantry. In 2019 our April use was 247 clients. During the busiest week the pantry provided groceries to feed approximately 450 individuals since our average family size is three.
The community has been EXTREMELY generous.
Individuals and businesses have donated to keep the pantry stocked. Below are a few shout-outs:
- New Britain Baptist Church
- Hatboro Baptist Church
- Lehman Memorial UMC
- The Grocery Outlet
- Heritage Creek Community Association
- Nutritional Development Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Horsham Township Police Dept. and to the community members of Horsham Township
The financial support has been tremendous as well allowing inventory to remain well-stocked.
We are especially grateful to those volunteers who keep the pantry staffed. A special thank you to Laura Dixon-Laser and Michelle Flanagan who are currently spearheading the efforts and to our entire H.A.T Packs army of volunteers who are dedicated to this mission!
- Pantry hours at this time remain at 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Product donations are accepted during these times.
Monetary donations for the pantry should have the check made out to
St. John’s Lutheran Church with “food pantry” on the memo line.
505 N. York Rd. Hatboro, PA 19040.
Monetary donations for H.A.T. Packs should have the check made out and mailed to:
H.A.T. Packs 22 Harding Ave.
Hatboro, PA 19040.
Thank you, stay safe.