[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_display=”]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
In like a lion, it goes out like a lamb.
The old axiom regarding March is that “if it comes in like a lion, it goes out like a lamb.” Perhaps this only applies to weather for the winds of change have certainly impacted world-wide this past March. This change is just as true for the Food Pantry as it is for the rest of our daily lives.
The winds of change had the pantry pass through several variations until finally reaching the current format. The Food Pantry is now staffed by a completely new crew of volunteers as the warnings for high risk to older adults keep many of us at home. H.A.T. Packs has now reorganized the operation to conform to the social distancing guidelines issued by Governor Wolf. Pre-packed bags are being distributed from the parking lot. To facilitate handing out the bags the distribution takes place from a different room so as to allow for cars to enter the parking lot from York Rd. without creating congestion that spills over into York Rd. The double doors at the west end of the handicapped parking spaces are the point for both the distribution of bags and receipt of product donations.
H.A.T. Packs (Helping Around Town) continues with their original goal of providing breakfast/lunch meals for students in the Hatboro Horsham school district that participate in the federal lunch program. They have also expanded their operation to offer meals to the community distributed from the Hatboro Dish restaurant.
- Currently the pantry is open from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Please note that the traffic flow must come in from York Rd at the sign that reads “ENTER” and exits out the parking lot onto Barbara Rd. A right turn there leads to Blair Mill Rd while a left turn leads to York Rd.
- If you know someone in need please advise them of the pantry’s availability. At this time only names and towns are being asked of new clients. Once social distancing regulations are relaxed additional information for registration will be solicited.
Donations of both product and money are being welcomed at this time.
Basic items such as:
- cereal, pancake mix, syrup,
- peanut butter, jelly,
- baked beans, spaghetti, spaghetti sauce,
- whole kernel corn, string beans,
- applesauce, canned fruit, and tuna fish are helpful.
- We are also in need of empty egg cartons.
Monetary donations may be mailed to:
St. John’s Lutheran Church,
505 N. York Rd,
Hatboro, PA 19040
with “FOOD PANTRY” written in the memo section.
Donations to H.A.T.Packs may be made out to that group and mailed to
22 Harding Ave, Hatboro, PA 19040.
We thank you for your prayers and your generosity during these unique times.