[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ mobile_breaking=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ padding=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ highlight=” highlight_size=” animation=” link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” title_attr=” alt_attr=” mobile_display=” id=” custom_class=” aria_label=” av_uid=”]
[av_textblock size=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” font_color=” color=” id=” custom_class=” av_uid=’av-kfbve5sb’ admin_preview_bg=”]
CONGREGATION COUNCIL MINUTES
The July Congregation Council Meeting was held on Wednesday, 7/22.
Council Members Present: Pastor Eric Reimer, Denise Betz, Harry Betz, Carole DePue, Lisa Fritz, Phil Hankel, Allison Hudson, Karen Kearns, Linda Morrison, Bob Muller, and Bruce Roper
Absent: Walter Braithwaite, Cathy Evans, David Kroth, and Trish Strauss
The meeting was called to order by President Denise Betz at 7:06 p.m. The scripture was read by Harry Betz and the prayer was offered by Bruce Roper
PERSONS WISHING TO ADDRESS COUNCIL:
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING:
*The minutes from June were approved without changes. The motion was made and seconded by Lisa Fritz / Alison Hudson. MOTION CARRIED
President, Denise Betz –Attached
- Pastor Reimer – Attached. Pastor also explained that he did not mean for last month’s meeting to have sounded like everyone should attend an anti-racial training program. He clarified that it is open to those that would like to take advantage of it, but there is no requirement. He also addressed the current situation of the Covid epidemic and how St. John’s must remain hopeful, yet flexible. Council and Pastor also discussed ways for the 1st Communion students to be able to celebrate their 1st Communion without having to wait until next year.
- Finance Committee – Attached. Harry included a Word document as a recap of financial highlights in an effort to make the financial report more digestible for all council members. He will continue with this in the future.
- *It was moved and seconded to accept the Treasurer’s report and the Financial Secretary’s report as presented. (Finance Committee / Carole DePue) MOTION CARRIED
- Financial Secretary Update – Harry has taken on the financial reporting and Kristy has taken on the check writing and both have acclimated to the tasks very well.
- Use of Pre-K classroom space update – Pastor gave a status update of the classrooms (now empty) and they are now sorting through the contents of what to keep and what to find new homes for or repurpose.
- Last month, Council had approved HAT-Packs moving into the classroom at the end of the hall facing the courtyard. Pastor explained that since then, we have realized the large classroom farther down the hall would work better for HAT-Packs and eliminate their need to be moving within the building at different times and also avoid a visual issue looking through the courtyard into a room full of shelves.
- Food Pantry will remain permanently in the Multi-purpose room, which would mean they would be permanently out of Fellowship Hall.
- It was suggested that the back doors be labeled as “Emergency Exit Only” to avoid constant use of them.
- Motion was made to allow the Food Pantry to stay where they are permanently and allow HAT-packs to move into the classroom at the far end of the hall
- *It was moved and seconded by Harry Betz / Linda Morrison. MOTION CARRIED
- Also discussed as a possible future plan, was moving the furniture out of the library and into one of the classrooms where there would be more room. This would also open up the opportunity to then repurpose the library as a nursery.
- Confirmation Plans – Pastor explained they are currently managing this with zoom meetings. For the future, Pastor is working through how best to run this program with new ways other than simply teaching content. No specifics have been determined yet.
- Roof Project Update – See Property Report. Denise gave update that we have approximately $34,000 of the 40,000 needed. As noted in the Property report, there is also a $4,000 cement project needed as well. Property is scheduling a start date with the roofer now.
- Worship Services Update – Pastor gave an update on our on-line worship viewing (it has not been dropping) and the parking lot services have been working well too. He also highlighted our music (very high quality) and noted that we consider either putting it out on YouTube for others to view (and possible revenue stream?) or look into selling our music to other congregations to use for their on-line services.
- Constitution and Bylaws – No report
- Christian Education – No report
- Fellowship – No report
- Finance – See Financial Secretary’s report
- Food Pantry Report – See report
- Memorials – No report
- Mutual Ministry – No report
- Property – See report
- Reach Team – No report
- Social Ministry – No report
- Stewardship – No report
- Women’s Ministry – No report
- Worship & Music – No report
CARES AND CONCERNS:
Pastor Reimer and council members shared their cares and concerns.
NEXT MEETING: Date: Wednesday 8/26
Scripture: Harry Betz
Prayer: Dave Kroth
Refreshments: Lisa Fritz
*It was moved and seconded by Phil Hankel / Lisa Fritz to adjourn the meeting at 9:07 p.m. MOTION CARRIED