The January Congregation Council Meeting was held on 1/22/2020
Council Members Present: Pastor Eric Reimer, Pat Beadling, Denise Betz, Harry Betz, Walter Braithwaite, Joycelynn Canselo, Cathy Evans, Wil Fritz, Karen Kearns, David Kroth, Barbara, Linda Morrison, Bob Muller, Quinn, Bruce Roper, Trish Strauss, and Ken Woods
Absent: Patty Cawthorne, Allison Hudson
The meeting was called to order by President Wil Fritz at 7:04 p.m. The scripture was read by Pastor Reimer and the prayer was offered by Harry Betz
PERSONS WISHING TO ADDRESS COUNCIL:
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING:
*The minutes from December were approved without changes. The motion was made and seconded by Ken Woods / Harry Betz. MOTION CARRIED
- President, Wil Fritz –Attached
- Pastor Reimer – Attached
- Finance Director, Joycelynn Canselo – Attached
- Financial Secretary, Patty Cawthorne – Attached
- *It was moved and seconded to accept the Treasurer’s report and the Financial Secretary’s report as presented. (Harry Betz / Cathy Evans) MOTION CARRIED
Security – Harry Betz and Pat Beadling will be meeting next week with others regarding state programs and federal assistance. New video doorbell has been installed outside the church office.
Website – Dave Kroth gave a status update. 2919 website views were down from 2018. Food Pantry, Church Staff and Kid programs were the most popular visits. Facebook is down 26% and engagement is down 50%.
Food Pantry Standards – Pastor updated that this is being worked on and progressing.
Harry updated Council regarding new counting teams. Schedule/contact info will be distributed soon.
A Motion to present permanently changing Sunday worship schedule to one 10:00 service at the Annual meeting for voting was proposed.
*It was moved and seconded by Ken Woods / Trish Strauss. Motion Carried
Sound system upgrade – Bob Muller had an outside party come to evaluate sound issues and make upgrade suggestions. Resetting current equipment should help with pops/squeaks. An educated guess for the cost of replacing current speaker and amplifier system to improve acoustics for the entire sanctuary’s sound would be approximately $10,000-15,000. Although that would be a steep discount, there are still concerns about making such a large financial commitment.
Appreciation was recognized for outgoing Council members Wil Fritz, Pat Beadling, Patty Cawthorn, Barbara Quinn, and Ken Woods
- Constitution and Bylaws – No report
- Christian Education – No report
- Fellowship –verbal update by Pat presenting Night In Hatboro outing
- Finance – See Financial Secretary’s report
- Food Pantry Report – See report
- Memorials – No report
- Mutual Ministry – No report
- Pre-K Board – No report
- Property – Verbal report given by Pat
- Reach Team – No report
- Social Ministry – No report
- Stewardship – No report
- Women’s Ministry – No report
- Worship & Music – Verbal report given by Pastor Reimer
CARES AND CONCERNS:
Pastor Reimer and council members shared their cares and concerns.
NEXT MEETING: Date: 2/19/2020
Scripture: Denise Betz
Prayer: Karen Kearns
Refreshments: Denise Betz
*It was moved and seconded by Pat Beadling / Ken Woods to adjourn the meeting at 9:23 p.m. MOTION CARRIED