The April Congregation Council Meeting was held on 4/17/19
Council Members Present:
Pastor Eric Reimer, Pat Beadling, Denise Betz, Harry Betz, Walter Braithwaite, Joycelynn Canselo, Patty Cawthorne, Cathy Evans, Wil Fritz, Allison Hudson, David Kroth, Bob Muller; Barbara Quinn, Bruce Roper and Ken Woods
Absent: Karen Kearns, Linda Morrison and, Trish Strauss
The meeting was called to order by President Wil Fritz at 7:01 p.m. The scripture was read by Wil Fritz and the prayer was offered by Denise Betz.
PERSONS WISHING TO ADDRESS COUNCIL:
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: Date: 3/20/19
*The minutes from March were approved without changes. The motion was made and seconded
by Ken Woods / Harry Betz.
- President, Wil Fritz – See Attached
- Pastor Reimer – See Attached
- Finance Director, Joycelynn Canselo – Attached
- Financial Secretary, Patty Cawthorne – Attached – Moving forward, this will no longer be included separately because it is included in the Budget report.
*It was moved and seconded to accept the Treasurer’s report and the Financial Secretary’s report as presented.
(Pat Beadling / Alison Hudson)
- Harry Betz gave a brief update regarding Social Ministry. Tithe.ly giving is up 20%
- Security Update – Wil asked if an additional panel can be installed in the office to get a card reader on the front door. Harry will talk to Mike’s Lock Shop to get a price.
- Social Media update given by David Kroth – Website hits continue to increase. It was up by 50%. Facebook has declined overall, however some individual events have increased.
- Brainstorming update brought up by David Kroth with a handout of the previous topics for discussion.
- Primary concern is the process needed to move potential projects/events forward since the Fellowship Committee has disbanded.
- The consensus was that the first step would be to communicate via the bulletin to the congregation for interest in restarting and joining a new Fellowship Committee.
- David will talk to his contacts that have approached him.
- The possibility of adding a “Donate” button to the St John’s web site was discussed. This would allow anyone viewing our website to donate directly to St. John’s via Tithe.ly.
- It was confirmed that constitutionally, this is allowable.
- The motion was made to add a “Donate” button to the St John’s web site.
- *It was moved and seconded by Harry Betz / Bob Muller.
- Pat Beadling gave a verbal update on behalf of the Property Committee regarding the status of the various roofs which need maintenance.
- Motion was made to approve ProCom to do the needed roof work at a cost of $20,731.
- *It was moved and seconded to Pat Beadling / Walt Braithwaite.
- Constitution and Bylaws – No report
- Christian Education –See report
- Fellowship – No report
- Finance – See Financial Secretary’s report
- Food Pantry Report – See report
- Memorials – No report
- Mutual Ministry – No report
- Pre-K Board – No report
- Property – See report
- Reach Team – No report
- Renovation Committee – No report
- Social Ministry – No report
- Stewardship – No report
- Women’s Ministry – No report
- Worship & Music – See report
CARES AND CONCERNS:
- Pastor Reimer and council members shared their cares and concerns.
NEXT MEETING: Date: May 15, 2019
- Scripture: Trish Strauss
- Prayer: Linda Morrison
- Refreshments: Patty Cawthorn
- *It was moved and seconded by Ken Woods / Alison Hudson to adjourn the meeting at 9:01 p.m.