The use of the pantry remains strong. Near record-setting numbers for the total in a week as well as the total for the month prove the need remains. September 2020 saw 157 more families be served as compared to 2019.
Produce in season is changing to reflect the change in seasons as more potatoes, apples, onions, eggplants, and peppers replace the corn and tomatoes seen during the summer months. It is likely that only a few weeks remain for locally produced fresh produce.
There is still a need for volunteers to help during the day time when the pantry is open.
Please respond at firstname.lastname@example.org. in order to view the needs and sign up for a time slot. If you would rather talk with someone in person please call Erin at 215-285-0654.
- Pantry volunteer hours are 10 AM to 1 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Even though fall is just beginning there are already discussions regarding the upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Giving gift cards in amounts of $25 or $30 is the first recommendation. We recommend getting them at the Grocery Outlet on County Line Road in the Rosemore Shopping Center as they have been very generous donors to the pantry. If you wish to help maintain the pantry shelves the list of items most frequently distributed includes Spaghetti Sauce, Boxed Pasta, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Canned Vegetables, Canned Fruit, Canned Beans, Cereal, Oatmeal, Pancake mix, Syrup, Toilet Paper, and Laundry detergent. Please keep the size of these items to “regular” rather than the “family” size often offered at the discount stores such as Costco or BJs.
We remain sincerely grateful for your faithful support.
September 16, 2020
Use of the pantry continues to be strong, especially when compared to 2019. August of this year we served 95 more clients than were served in 2019. The hours of operation remain Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 11AM to 1PM.
Now that school’s back in session many volunteers who were students, parents, or teachers are no longer able to volunteer. Anyone who would like to volunteer can contact St. John’s Social Media Director Jessica at email@example.com.
- Volunteers begin at 10 AM each day to get ready for clients arrival between 11 AM and 1 PM.
- Plus we have a team on Monday nights at 5:30 PM that moves inventory to get ready for the week.
- Additionally, there is a team on Tuesday afternoons at 1 PM as we receive donations for the week on Tuesdays. Please consider any of these opportunities to serve.
If you or anyone you know is dropping off donations please be sure to do so only during regular hours of operation. Recently we found donations had been left at two different locations.
- Unfortunately, the local squirrel population got to the one donation before we could get to them.
Donors and clients should enter the north driveway (has the “ENTER” sign), go past the playground on the left and stop at the double doors on the left. Donating between 10 AM and 10:45 AM will avoid getting in line with the clients. We have volunteers who can help unload your donation.
We are extremely grateful for all your support that has allowed this service to our community to meet the growing demands in these unique times.
505 N. York Road
Hatboro, PA 19040
Hours: M-F • 9:00AM – 2:00PM
- CONGREGATION COUNCIL MINUTES Oct. 30, 2020November 12, 2020 - 9:45 pm
- Food Pantry Report November 18, 2020November 12, 2020 - 9:28 pm
- Food Pantry Report September 21, 2020October 27, 2020 - 9:39 pm
- Property Committee Notes October 12, 2020October 27, 2020 - 9:33 pm
- Worship Returns to the Sanctuary!September 30, 2020 - 12:40 pm
This is Christ’s church.
There is a place for you here.
We are the church that shares a living, daring confidence in God's grace. Liberated by our faith, we embrace you as a whole person--questions, complexities and all. Join us as we do God's work in Christ's name for the life of the world.