February 10, 2019
The annual congregational meeting of St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in Hatboro, PA was held on Sunday, February 10, 2019 following the 9am service. Council President Wil Fritz called the meeting to order at 10:13am. Michael Brinkworth led the congregation in a hymn and then Pastor Reimer led the assembled congregation in devotions.
- Congregational meeting minutes from the February 11, 2018 congregational meeting are attached. It was moved and seconded to accept the minutes as recorded (Sue LaPlaunt / CJ Hamilton) MOTION CARRIED
- Congregational Council Meeting Highlights from 2018
- Pastor Reimer’s Report
- Pastor summarized the changes he has seen over the past six years since becoming the Pastor at St John’s. Sunday School has grown and this past year new members have significantly grown or past members have become active again.
- Pastoral acts 2018
- Membership Report
- Ministry of music, Michael Brinkworth
- Council President Wil Fritz’s report
Congregational Council Committee Reports
- Christian Education
- Social Ministry
- Worship and Music
Congregation Organizational Reports
- Altar Guild
- Building Renovation Committee
- Food Pantry
- Men’s Group
- Mutual Ministry
- Pre-Kindergarten School
- Pre-Kindergarten Board
- Women’s Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- It was moved and seconded to accept the Congregation Organizational reports as recorded (Carol King / Lorie Schenfelt ) MOTION CARRIED
- Auditing Report
- Finance Committee
- Memorial Committee
- Financial Secretary
- It was moved and seconded to accept the Financial reports as recorded
(CJ Hamilton /Christine Whisler ) MOTION CARRIED
- Presentation of Proposed Budget for 2019
- Sue LaPlaunt explained that page 41 in the report is erroneous. A corrected page will be distributed very shortly.
- Our budget is a deficit budget of approximately $40,000
- Sue LaPlaunt explained we have been looking to cut expenses. Examples of this include new insurance policy, changing of the office staff, and other small changes in programs.
- Motion was made and seconded to accept the 2019 budget as presented (Tom Smith /Jim Howat Jr ) MOTION CARRIED
- Church Council Elections
- The nominees for a first three-year term are Bob Muller and Cathy Evans.
- President Wil Fritz asked the congregation for other council member nominations. Harry Betz was also nominated.
- Motion was made and seconded to approve the three nominees ( Lorie Schenfield/Lisa Fritz ) MOTION CARRIED
- Expression of thanks to retiring Council Member Michelle Pisanick
- The motion was made and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 11:04 am. (Jeaneette Heath /Sue LaPlaunt ) MOTION CARRIED
- The meeting was closed in prayer
Church Council Secretary